Thursday, January 12th is the official last day to add classes for Winter semester. Make sure you have given adequate introductory and welcome information to all of the late adds you may have to your class.
Instructors must also release final grades for all students after the last add date. If you release final grades for students before the last add date, just make sure you check and release grades for any students who may have added the course in the interim. This I-Learn 3 Help Guide will walk you through steps on releasing final grades.
Here are a few tips for managing the adds and drops in your classes:
- Minimize your workload by limiting the send date for your welcome e-mail until a week or so before the semester begins. Once the semester begins, it does become necessary to check on adds/drops daily during the Introduction week.
- Use the Add/Drop History Report in your mybyui Faculty tab to get an overview of adds and drops by date. First log into www.mybyui.edu and click on your Faculty tab. Choose "Add/Drop History" from the drop down "Select Area" menu for your class. Add/Drop History will take you to a page identifying adds and drops by date and time. There may be multiple pages to this report. In addition, if a student is listed as both Registering and Dropping at the exact same date and time, that is most likely an add to the course.
- Cross reference your Add/Drop History against your Faculty tab class list and I-Learn class lists. From the Faculty tab, choose your current semester and course, and click on "Class List" from the drop-down menu of class options.
When displayed, the Class List will show you the dates students have added the course under the Status column
- Pathway Note: Pathway courses do not have Class Lists available through the Faculty tab nor mybyui. Class lists must be managed and maintained through Grades in I-Learn 3.0. Instructors should click on "Grades" from the My Grades menu for options to "Export" a class list as a .csv file for easier management.
- More details on how to export a Class List file from I-Learn 3 can be found in I-Learn 3 Tutorials: http://onlineinstruction.ning.com/teaching-groups/i-learn-3/i-learn-3-help-guides Of note, you do not need to select any assignments or grades to export when exporting your Class List from the I-Learn 3 Grades tool.