Have you opened up your copy of the October 2016 Ensign yet? The front cover announced an article, "The Joy of Learning," so I was very excited to check it out! Here are the headers for the sections found in Brother Callister's fabulous article:
- Teachers and Learners: Equal Responsibility to Contribute: Does this sound a bit like Learning Model Principle #4 "Act for yourself and accept responsibility for teaching and learning"? There are also references to learning by the spirit in this section.
- Study the Scriptures: Sounds a bit like Learning Model Principle #3 "Lay hold on the word of God as found in the holy scriptures and in the words of prophets," right? I love the analogy he shares about "sharpening our ax."
- Prepare in Advance: Hey, that is Learning Model Process #1.
- Participate in Class: What a wonderful way to teach one another - Learning Model Process #2.
- Record Impressions: Reflecting on our learning and writing down impressions is a wonderful way to ponder/prove our learning - Learning Model Process #3.
To top it all off, the article included this lovely image: https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/magazines/ensign/2016/10/october-2016-ensign-magazine-mormon_1802373.pdf
I hope you feel inspired to read Brother Callister's article: https://www.lds.org/ensign/2016/10/the-joy-of-learning?lang=eng