I thought it might be helpful to everyone if we shared what resources we have found helpful for our professional development.
- My husband and I subscribe to the Chronicle of HIgher Education because he is a doctoral candidate and I work in higher ed, but it is a very costly membership.
- So I also subscribe to BYU's Religious Educator journal, which costs only $10 per year
- And anyone can subscribe to BYU's religious education magazine Review for FREE
- We also receive the BYU Studies journal, which offers topics across the disciplinary board.
Additionally, I have joined a number of low-cost or no cost professional development groups in my own field, such as:
- ProGen, a study group for genealogists seeking to enhance their skills and earn additional credentials
- Coursera, where I take free college courses for continuing ed credits needed to maintain my professional licensure
- And a number of listservs where I can respond to calls for papers, lectures, etc.
But I want to know: what else is out there?
What professional organizations does everyone else follow or subscribe to? What other low-cost or no cost opportunities are you utilizing for your professional development and continuing education?