What is the online instructors sick leave policy?
Online Instructor Sick Leave Information
- As instructors are paid on contract, use of sick leave will not result in additional pay above and beyond the contracted amount.
- On January 1 of each year (or effective on the first day of employment, whichever is later), employees will receive 48 hours (6 days) of sick leave. There is no waiting period before leave may be used
- Any unused leave will expire on December 31 of each year with a new balance of 48 hours being provided on January 1 annually
- Sick leave hours are not paid out upon termination from employment.
Instructors may determine that they are able to adequately fulfill the terms of their contract even when personal or family illnesses occur. Therefore, they are not required to report sick leave. However, unusual periods of absence from a course (due to illness or other circumstances) should be coordinated with the Teaching Group Leader (TGL). Instructions for reporting sick leave are included in the links below:
If you have questions regarding this information or reporting your time, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I am temporarily (longer than 2 weeks) leaving my current approved state due to a work assignment, spouse’s education or extended vacation, etc?
A BYU-Idaho online instructor must be physically residing in one of our 21 approved states (regardless of residency) in order to accept a teaching agreement. Otherwise, you may be in violation of your contract. Please email email@example.com for guidance with your specific situation.
What do I need to do if I move to a different approved state?
- You must update your home address through your employee account in Workday.
- Update your state withholding through the “pay” worklet in your employee account in Workday.
Don't see an answer to your question? Try contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on Contracting, Payroll, & Textbooks OR email@example.com for questions on Certification & Tax Forms